The Soothing Company is true to its name; it offers a large variety of affordable products which help induce relaxation and peace. There are products designed to turn both your home and your outdoors space into places of tranquility.
The Soothing Company has so many great items that it is hard to give an accurate overview. Here is an idea of some of the items that they have to offer you:
- Fireplaces - gel, electric, bio ethanol, corner, wall, tabletop, modern, chiminea, etc
- Indoor Fountains - tabletop, wall and floor
- Outdoor Fountains - garden, solar, wall, etc
- Beanbag Chairs - foam furniture, kids/adults, ottomans, gaming, etc
- Bonsai Trees
- Massage Chairs
- Mattress Toppers
- Outdoor Furniture
- Patio Heaters/Umbrellas
- Rain Barrels
- Solar Lights
Their blog also offers promotions, decorating ideas, and various tips to help you design your new space! The Soothing Company has been featured on Clean House, the DIY Network, Style, and HGTV.
The Soothing Company was nice enough to send me a Small Gardenia Bonsai Tree to review, so that I could share my opinions with you. I picked this particular item because I am moving to a new apartment in approximately a month and I thought it would be a great touch on the deck/patio or on one of the tables. Since I won't have much money to spend on decorating at first, this Gardenia Bonsai tree can act as a center piece and a small pop of color. I also won't have much time to care for living creatures while I am hard at work studying, so this tree will have to supplement! It seems very easy to care for, so that is a plus.
This bonsai tree lives for about 4 years and reaches a height of 6-8". Its smaller size makes it great as an indoor/outdoor combination plant. It blooms from March through June, with beautiful white gardenia flowers that I assume will have a very fragrant smell. Although the flowers have not yet bloomed for me, I am really anticipating them. I love the smell of gardenia, so I hope that it will fill the kitchen and the living room.
Caring for the Small Gardenia Bonsai Tree includes:
- Watering every day, never allowing it to dry out
- Giving it 4-6 hours of sun per day, preferably in the morning sun and afternoon shade
- You can use any all-purpose fertilizer during the active growing season
- Check regularly for insect damage
- Protect it from severe winter and extreme cold temperatures
- In the winter, take mulch and cover the pot to protect from freezing
- In winter, the tree can also be placed in an enclosed garage or tool shed
The tree was shipped to me very quickly; the Soothing Company has great customer service and obviously places a lot of care into packaging and shipping their products. It took me a good 10-15 minutes to unwrap my carefully packaged tree -- so don't worry about it getting ruined during shipment, as it is placed within a box, with Styrofoam and a plastic coating. I started seeing some buds already, so it is doing well at my house currently. On their website, the Small Gardenia Bonsai Tree retails for just $40, which is a steal for such a cute tree that lasts for four years!
I have included the pictures of my bonsai tree below. For now, I alternate having it outside on a column-style podium and inside on the window sill. It is so cute!
Want to learn more about The Soothing Company? Here are some places you can connect with them: