Maggie Bags is part of the parent company, Adrian's Inc. Adrian's Inc., which was created in 1991, is a family-owned business that focuses on finding new uses for industrial materials. Maggie Bags is one of these unique outlets, and was originally launched in 2009. The founder of the company, Woodie Dew, named "Maggie Bags" after his daughter, Maggie. The company has expanded since its start, and is now successfully selling bags across the country.
What are Maggie Bags?
They are "seat belt handbags made using automotive seat belt webbing built to meet government safety standards to protect you in your car." Since the seat belts in your car need to meet such a high standard to ensure that you will be protected should you get into a car accident, many of them end up rejected before they are installed. This is where Maggie Bags gets most of the material needed to create their unique purses and accessories. (Some has to be purchased to make all the bags that customers desire) Isn't that a great way to upcycle? I love that Maggie Bags found such an innovative way to reduce waste for our environment.
Maggie Bags also helps the environment by using a cut-and-sew technique to create their handbags. This cuts down on electricity, energy, and the waste of other products. Their handbags are made at a WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) Certified Factory, which promotes ethical and safe manufacturing techniques.
Maggie Bags has a wide variety of styles, shapes, and colors to choose from; they have one to fit every occasion and every personality. Whether you are going to the beach, class, out on a date, or just to the store, there is a design to meet your needs. If you are a vibrant person, there are multicolored and bold bags that will be sure to make you stand out in a crowd. If you are a classy, chic kind of gal, there are neutral purses that really make that trend-setting statement. My mother fell in love with the bags, and so did I, and we are quite a few years apart!
Here are some of my favorites that Maggie Bags offers:
- Bailey Bag - This seatbelt handbag is the perfect festival bag. Also great to take to the amusement park, concerts or other events where you want to travel light. Plenty of zippered pockets help you keep your contents secure and organized. It can be worn cross body or over the shoulder.
- Tote of Many Colors - Classic: Open Top - With its simple design and Classic single-striped pattern, this extra large, roomy tote will hold everything you need and want. Our best-selling seatbelt tote bag of all time the open-top Tote of Many Colors (affectionately known as the TMC) makes it easy to fill it to the top! It is the perfect beach bag, reusable shopping tote, great for weekend trips and for countless other purposes.
- Cicily Tote - This seatbelt purse bag is the perfect size. It is large enough to hold what you need and small enough to be totally cute. The Cicily Tote features the signature Maggie Bags lining and inside pockets. It features a zippered pocket, cell phone pocket, and key pocket. YKK zippers and four-nickel plated feet on the bottom.
- Campus Tote - On the go or around town, take whatever you need in this stylish tote. This bag is perfect for anything. Throw books in it and head to class or the beach, or pack your pom-pom for the game! This super durable seatbelt handbag comes with the signature Maggie Bags purple satin lining. It features a zippered pocket, cell phone pocket, and key pocket. YKK zippers and four-nickel plated feet on the bottom.
- LeConte Messenger - Don't just tote around your computer; make a style statement. The LeConte Messenger Bag combines style with function to protect your favorite portable workstation and everything in between. This spacious seatbelt laptop bag is perfect for the seasoned professional and student alike. It boasts enough space to hold a laptop, your files and whatever else you need to carry. There are many pockets both inside and out to help keep things organized. The versatility of the LeConte Messenger strap allows you to wear it on your shoulder or across the body.
- Bucket Tote - The Maggie Bags Bucket Tote is made to last! This seatbelt handbag is the perfect shape for file folders, books, and even your laptop, netbook, or tablet. It can be worn across your body or over your shoulder and has a handy magnetic clasp on the flap that allows you to have easy access to everything you need for your day!
- Travel Cosmetic Bag - This large cosmetic bag is perfect for travel. It has plenty of room for toiletries and makeup plus it is lined with the beautiful Maggie Bags signature lining. Throw it in the washing machine when it's time to get it clean.
- Large Wallet - Check out our stylish and durable seatbelt wallet. Multiple credit card pockets, a zippered centered pocket and two large side pockets make this wallet a woman's best friend. Keep everything organized in your bag, or pull the wallet out and take it on the town! In trendy colors, you can mix and match this wallet to you, not just your handbag.
- Maggie Bags Belt - Wrap yourself with this super cute seatbelt belt. With a variety of colors, you can choose your attitude and your look every day! Each belt has two chrome or brushed nickel Maggie Bags belt rings so you can adjust the length to fit. Our belts come in Small, Medium, and Large. Belts are made in-house, so please allow a few extra days to ship.
You can also find key chains, other cosmetic bags, a butterfly bag (with a really cute shape!), clutches, a hobo bag, a laptop bag, medium backpack purse bags, and another messenger bag. Some of these items are even on clearance, so go check it out for yourself and grab the latest deal! All of the Maggie Bag products that I have mentioned are available on their website. You may also get lucky and find their products at specialty stores across the country.
Maggie Bags was kind enough to offer me a bag of my choice to review, so that I could share my opinions with you. It took me a long time to make up my mind. Did I want something in a classic color like black, brown or white...did I want a multicolored design...or did I want something really bright and eye-catching? I am starting medical school in August (just a few weeks away!) and my budget is very low. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to buy many new clothes or accessories, so whenever a company allows me to review these items, I get very excited, because I can add them to my back to school collection. I really have put most of my purses to the test and used them to their extent. I decided to choose the bright and eye-catching purse, because I want something that will make a statement and will really stand out, in case I don't have any other pieces that do. The bag I am talking about is Maggie Bag's Campus Tote in Ultraviolet. The Campus Tote weights 1.75 lb (it is durable, not too heavy) and has a purple satin lining. It retails for $85.00. You can also get this bag in Black, Bullet, Autumn Combo, Shifting Sands Combo, Cranberry, Confetti Combo, or Magenta.
The design of this tote is ideal for me because I will at least be carrying two or three books, a notebook, writing utensils, my iPhone, my money, and probably a few makeup essentials back and forth with me every day to class. The Campus Tote has a large, zippered, pocket perfect for smaller items (like feminine products, keys, or coins) or for makeup that you do not want to spill on the rest of your purse. It also has two large pockets on the opposite side (inside), which are great for my cell phone and maybe a smaller note pad. You could also put items like an iPod, a digital camera, perfume, etc etc. This bag is big enough to fit everything that I want, but it is not overpowering. I generally switch purses when I go out at night, but I would take this one along with me. It does not look like a bag that you would only bring to the beach or carry lots of supplies in -- in fact, it's both stylish for going out and utilizable for most occasions. Though it is not bulky, you could easily fit produce from the Farmer's Market (making use of it as a shopping tote) or sunscreen and a beach towel.
The straps are VERY comfortable, and they are the RIGHT length. I usually have a problem with finding a purse that has nice handles or straps. They either end up being too long (where it looks more like a bookbag) or too short, so I can't sling them comfortably over my arm. I hate having to carry the purse in my hands..it is much more convenient to put it on my shoulder. This will also help with the weight of my books and other accessories.
And, did you see that color? I was immediately attracted to it, because how often do you see a rich, dark, and vibrant purple in a handbag? It's the sort of shade that is bold but classy. I am not the type of person that would go for a neon color, but I am the type of person that would go for such a unique solid. This color will be great for the summer as well as for the winter, no matter what colors are deemed "in" for the upcoming season. You can tell by looking at it and feeling it that it is high-quality. I won't worry about breaking this purse anytime soon - I won't have to be extremely gentle with it, and it is well-suited to carry heavy items. The bottom of the purse comes with these great, four-nickle plated feet. When you set the Campus Tote down, you won't have to worry about it falling over. The feet keep it upright and balanced.
Campus Tote, and I have only had it for two days! If that doesn't speak for how awesome Maggie Bags are, I don't know what would. It really is such a conversation piece, because people are interested in the seatbelt design and in learning more about the company.
I think that it can spruce up a boring outfit, or add to a glamorous one. I am proud to carry my Maggie Bag, and to spread the good word. I know that I will have the coolest purse in my class!
Interested in learning more about Maggie Bags? Check out the links below:
I was able to choose one wonderful bag for the giveaway that I am sponsoring. It was such a hard decision! I finally settled on the Tote of Many Colors pictured above, because I wanted to pick something that I thought might go well with ALL of you. In my mind, this bag is a perfect size - not too small, and not too large. It is also the perfect combination of neutral pastels, that will compliment many outfits and any aged woman! This is the Classic design of the Tote of Many Colors with the Open Top. This bag has a retail value of $55.00, and is Maggie Bag's top-selling bag of all time! It has so many uses - as a conventional bag, a beach bag, a shopping tote, a baby bag, or a craft bag...the possibilities are truly endless. Isn't in gorgeous? Believe me, if I hadn't seen my vibrant Campus Tote, this would've been my pick! I think it is so chic.
One lucky reader will win their own Tote of Many Colors, courtesy of Maggie Bags! All you need to do is enter on the Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway is open to U.S. readers, 18 and over, unless you have permission from your parents. Please be honest when submitting Rafflecopter entries -- remember, I DO check all of your entries for verification, and I will throw them out if they are false. If the form has a spot for you to enter information, please provide me with the appropriate username, link, etc so that it is easier for me to verify your entries! I am not responsible for the shipment of the prize, that is the company's duty. I will contact the winner via email (so make sure to use one that you check) and you will have 48 hours to respond with your shipping information. If you have any questions or if the Rafflecopter is not working properly, you can always contact me via Facebook or email (links on the sidebar). Good luck!!