The Ecology Works has been devoted to helping people stay allergy free since 1995. They are proud to offer earth friendly, plant-based solutions to tackle dustmite allergies, allergies in general, and disinfection as a whole. They make a wide range of effective products that can control the symptoms associated with allergies, such as asthma and other breathing problems. They offer something for virtually every environment, from school to work to the household. The Ecology Works is Medinex certified and has the Green America Approval.
Here are some of the products that The Ecology Works has to offer that are not featured in this review:
- DustMiteX Ready To Use Liquid - This EPA registered product is colorless, odorless and will not harm water-safe fabrics. The Dust Mite and Flea Control powder works together with The Ecology Works® Anti Allergen Solution to first kill the dust mites and second to denature the allergens they produce. Our newest product in The Ecology Works® is a ready-to-use Liquid, Dust Mite and Flea Control called DustMitex. This is a 32 ounce spray that costs $9.95 per bottle.
- DustMiteX Powder - The Ecology Works® DustMite and Flea Control is a specially formulated borate compound that mixes easily in water and provides long lasting control over dust mites. Boron is a natural element that is essential for healthy plant growth and aids in the assimilation of calcium in the human body. Borates have a long history of use in insect control, and are effective against fleas, termites, cock-roaches and ants. This powder comes in an 8 oz. bag (for $9.95) or a 2 lb. bag (for $34.95).
- Anti-Allergy Solution - The effectiveness of Ecology Works Anti-Allergen Solution has been confirmed in both independent laboratory analysis and in field tests by private and government sponsored studies. The results showed very effective reduction of allergens from dust mite, dog and cat dander and cockroach. The Anti-Allergen Solution is a great for removing dog and cat dander, giving immediate relief to people allergic to pet dander allowing them to spend time with their pets. Neutralize proteins with allergens with the 3 oz. Anti-Allergen Solution ($7.95 each), 32 oz. Anti-Allergen Solution ($24.95 each) or 1 gallon of the Anti-Allergen Solution ($64.95 each).
- Anti-Allergen Pet Shampoo - The Ecology Works® Pet Shampoo is a hypoallergenic formula designed to neutralize protein allergens on contact. This treatment helps pets overcome skin problems caused by dust mites- while limiting pet dander- a major allergen for many people. Our sustained release odor protection will keep your pet smelling fresh longer. You can purchase one 16 oz. bottle for just $10.95.
- Vital Oxide Disinfectant - Kill 99.9% Bacteria and Remove Mold! Kill MRSA, Norovirus, Salmonella, E coli. and other bacteria. Powerful Mold and Mildew Eliminator. EPA Registered in all 50 states. One 32 oz. bottle is $14.95 and one 128 oz. bottle is $37.95. You can purchase this in combination with the Vital Oxide Disinfectant Fogger for $137.95.
The Ecology Works was kind enough to provide with me a bottle of their Anti-Allergen Laundry Detergent to review, so that I could share my opinions with you. This detergent comes in one size (40 oz.) and can be purchased on the Ecology Works website for just $15.95.
The Ecology Works' Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent is recommended by both allergists and dermatologists. It is a hypoallergenic detergent with a plant and mineral based formula (it is 100% biodegradable!) that is environmentally friendly. It contains: deionized water, plant and mineral based surfactants, and allergen and odor neutralizer. This laundry detergent is made for COLD WATER usage, and is free of dyes (colorless solution), perfumes (unscented), and the enzymes and other allergy triggers found in conventional laundry detergents. It is free of d-Limonene Terpenes, Phosphates, and Nitrates.
The Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent is highly concentrated, and can wash up to 40 loads. That's a lot of loads for the size of the bottle, which will save you money compared to other unscented detergents. This detergent works by "super micelle action", which is highly effective at removing a variety of irritants. The Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent can remove (besides your everyday wear and tear stains) :
- Dust Mite Allergens
- Pet Dander
The Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent has an odor neutralizer which keeps your laundry smelling fresh, without having to use irritating fragrances to do so. A lot of detergents on the market have chemically-ridden solutions that are very harsh on sensitive skin, or that contain certain elements that can initiate an allergic reaction. Some laundry detergents are so overpowering that the smell they leave on clothes after the fact is almost bothersome to me.
To use the Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent, simply pour one half cap full in for medium loads, and one full cup for large loads. To pre-treat stains, you can rub some of the detergent onto the area first. If you have a high efficiency washing machine, use only a quarter cup for medium loads and a half cup for larger loads.
I do suffer from seasonal allergies, which tend to get worse in the late summer and early Fall. I also have very sensitive skin that is easily irritated. I haven't noticed irritation from other commercial laundry detergents, but I know that my skin would appreciate not having the chemicals from those formulas or the dustmites from clothing anymore. Although my allergies haven't been as bad since I moved, I do wake up feeling groggy with puffy eyes and a sore throat some mornings. I also sneeze a lot in response to household allergens such as dust. I decided that the Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent could only be a positive thing, so I wanted to test it out.
I was somewhat wary of the unscented feature at first, because I have only used scented detergents in the past, and there are a few that I actually like (and also a lot that are way too overpowering). I found that it really did not make any difference to me NOT to have the fragrances in the end. My clothes still smelled fresh and seemed to be equally as clean with the plant-based formula. I felt as though I was able to use less detergent than I usually do per load, which was nice, because it will save money overall. I think that the Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent is great, because our bodies are exposed to too many unnatural chemicals these days. I also know many friends and family who have very severe allergies to dust and pet dander. I am going to let them try the Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent, because I believe that it is a really strong neutralizer. The detergent is also not harsh on clothes at all, and just as effectively removed some of the stains on my clothing (from food).
I will continue to use The Ecology Works' Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent to keep my skin chemical free, and to keep my seasonal and household allergies at bay during the upcoming Fall season. I recommend this detergent to anyone suffering from allergies, anyone who wants to incorporate more eco-friendly products into their lives, or for anyone who is allergic to the ingredients in standard laundry detergents.
Interested in learning more about The Ecology Works and their products? Check out the links below:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.