Once again, I bring you another great Omni Herbals product.... The Tattoo Pill! This is the fourth Omni Herbals product that I have reviewed, so make sure to check out my past reviews of Maximum African Mango, Raspberry Ketone Blast, and Pharmacist Weight Loss Formula. You won't regret it. In case you need a company recap:
Omni Herbals is a company based out of Los Angeles, California, which manufactures nutritional supplements with high quality ingredients; their supplements are available for purchase throughout the country as well as internationally. Though not evaluated by the FDA, their ingredients are set to those, as well as GMP standards. Omni Herbals purchases only the purest raw materials, and has a state-of-the-art quality control laboratory where finished products are tested.
Omni Herbals also features the following products which will not be detailed in this review:
- Pharmacist Weight Loss Formula - Formulated to help satisfy your hunger almost instantly to prevent you from stress-related eating and provides the confidence from a general feeling of wellness.
- Maximum African Mango - African Mango has been used as a diet and energy aid in Cameroon, Africa, for centuries and is now available for you in an easy to take form.
- Virility3000 - Virility 3000TM is a proprietary blend of natural ingredients known to improve and maximize sexual function, increase libido & boost stamina.
- Raspberry Ketone Blast - Raspberry Ketones is the newest weight loss aid that has been blasted across television and major health news sites worldwide. Find out why!
- Omni Colon Cleanse - Delivers critical relief by not only allowing the body to detoxify itself but also to restore normal digestive functions.
I was lucky enough to receive a one-month's supply of The Tattoo Pill for the purpose of this review. A one-month's supply consists of 60 capsules; two capsules are to be taken daily, preferably with food or a glass of water. This dietary supplement looked really interesting to me, because I have heard of many ointments and sprays to put on healing tattoos from the outside, but I had never heard of anything to heal your body from the inside, or something that extends beyond the initial healing process for tattoo care. It makes sense to me, because by getting a tattoo, we are putting our body through something unnatural -- why not complete the care by hitting from both the outside and the inside?
The Tattoo Pill is both an antioxidant and multivitamin supplement that is used specifically to treat your body before, during, and after the process of getting a tattoo. The Tattoo Pill is specially formulated to give your body what it may be lacking, to ensure a safe and rapid healing process. One of the ideas behind this supplement is the fact that many people are deficient in vitamins and minerals from health issues or diets, so this just gives that extra layer of protection. There are no artificial flavorings, no stimulants, and no animal byproducts in The Tattoo Pill; that's right, these are gluten friendly!
The recommended time-frame for taking The Tattoo Pill is two weeks before getting a tattoo and two weeks after -- this is that critical period of time where your body needs to build up its "defenses" and needs that extra boost to help heal the area. This comes with the other essential aspects of tattoo care, such as eating a large meal the night before and the day of getting your tattoo and choosing the right aftercare products. If you are interested in learning more about tattoo aftercare and how to spot potential problems, visit the Tattoo Pill website here.
The Tattoo Pill contains the following ingredients and amount per serving:
Vitamin A (beta carotene) 5,000 IU, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 180 mg, Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 400 IU, Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 30 IU, Thiamine (thiamine mononitrate) 30 mg, Riboflavin 30 mg, Niacin (niacinamide) 30 mg, Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 30 mg, Folic Acid 400 mcg, Vitamin B-12 (cyanocobalamin) 30 mcg, Biotin 300 mcg, Pantothenic Acid (calcium pantothenate) 20 mg, Zinc (zinc citrate) 15 mg, Selenium (sodium selenate) 50 mcg, Copper (amino acid chelate) 2 mg, Manganese (manganese sulfate) 2 mg, Chromium (chromium polynicotinate) 50 mcg. Also included is a proprietary blend, 640 mg, containing the following: Horsetail (leaf), Citrus Bioflavonoids, Burdock (root), Yellow Dock (root), Sarsaparilla (root), Red Clover (leaf) (trifolium pratense), Dandelion (root), Fo-Ti (root), Inositol, Para Aminobenzoic Acid, Choline Bitartrate, Betaine HCL, L-Cysteine HCL. Other ingredients: Hypromellose (vegetable capsule), maltodextrin, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide.
It does NOT include: yeast, corn, wheat, soy, gluten, milk, salt, sugar, or preservatives.
As you can see, The Tattoo Pill is jam-packed with all sorts of rich vitamins and minerals. Are you wondering how each of these work to help build your immunity and help in the healing process? I'll give you a short synopsis of some of the major ingredients, courtesy of The Tattoo Pill's website:
- Para Aminobenzoic Acid - Helps make the skin less sensitive to sun damage (avoiding direct sunlight and UV exposure is important with tattoo aftercare)
- Inositol - A compound found in many fruits that helps regulate the chemical balance in our bodies to fight a number of diseases and conditions
- Fo-Ti Root - The root from a species of Fallopia native to central and southern China, which helps build immunity and lower cholesterol levels
- Dandelion Root - Stimulates blood circulation, positive digestive function, and healthy water balance
- Yellow Dock Root - A wild leaf vegetable that contains large amounts of Vitamin A and has been implicated in healing rashes and other skin diseases
- Horsetail Leaf - Contains antioxidants and has been used as a diuretic
- Vitamin A - This vitamin is extremely important for all things skin -- it can help with wound healing and also your immune system
- Vitamin C - Important in immune function and can aid in UV protection
- Vitamin D - If you aren't getting enough sun with your new tattoo, this vitamin is very important. It helps with immune function and the prevention of certain autoimmune diseases
- Vitamin E - This vitamin has so many benefits...some include: treating skin disorders, increasing energy, improved endurance, proper organ function
- Thiamine - Helps boost the immune system, increase energy, and fight stress
- Zinc - Used for wound healing, as well as treating skin infections and acne. Essential for proper growth and maintenance of the human body
- Pantothenic Acid - Important for healthy skin; used to treat skin disorders and for wound healing
- Biotin - Used for hair loss, skin rashes, and brittle nails
- Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin B-6 - Required for proper development of many aspects of the human body; helps with the immune system and against many disorders
- Folic Acid - A water soluble B vitamin used against many disorders and needed for proper development
- Riboflavin - A B vitamin used for healthy skin, treating acne, increasing energy levels, and boosting immune function
There are no KNOWN side-effects, but, as always, consult your doctor before taking a new supplement -- especially if you are already taking other medications, or if you are pregnant or nursing.
Right now, you can purchase The Tattoo Pill on the Omni Herbals' Tattoo Pill website here for just $24.95 for a single bottle. The more bottles you buy at once, the better the deal. Buy two bottles for $44.90, three bottles for just $59.90, or a sixth month supply for just $127.95. The best deal would be for purchasing a year's supply of The Tattoo Pill, at just $209.94! Shipping is free on this product, which is great. You can also purchase The Tattoo Pill on Amazon by clicking here, for $29.95 per bottle.
I wanted to review The Tattoo Pill, because I know how much I like Omni Herbals' products already. I have two tattoos, both of which are more than several years old, so I definitely missed the imperative time frame for taking The Tattoo Pill. However, I am under the belief that taking a supplement such as this one can never be a bad thing (unless you have certain health conditions) at any stage in the life of a tattoo. I see many potential benefits from all of the vitamins and minerals. Right now, I have not been good about taking my daily multivitamin. To me, The Tattoo Pill is an enhanced multivitamin, specially formulated for people with tattoos. I like that it has so many ingredients which can help promote healthy skin, as I am constantly battling with my skin -- whether it is too dry or too oily, it is very sensitive and could always use the extra boost.
I took the Tattoo Pill and noticed that it gave me a boost of energy and helped clear up some oily skin for the month that I was taking it. If I get another tattoo (which I will, eventually.. once you have one, its an addiction), I will definitely be purchasing The Tattoo Pill. I was bad about not treating my skin properly the last two times. I forgot to put on my ointments and I did not eat a large meal before getting my tattoos. Both times I was already so scared that I nearly passed out. I would have liked to have known about this product back then, so I could have prepped my body, to put it in the best possible state to receive a tattoo. Tattoos are not natural, and everyone reacts differently. I did not have any problems with mine, but I have had friends who have had bad reactions and bumps. I think that The Tattoo Pill would have helped, and I think that it should be available in tattoo shops. It is just as important to put ointments on as it is to make sure that you are not deficient in any essential vitamins and minerals!
Want to learn more about Omni Herbals? Check out the links below: